Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wardrobe Refashion - Part 2



I'm feeling a bit under the weather this week with the bad cold/flu that is going around. I haven't felt like doing much of anything except sleeping, but I will share some things that I finished up last week. I've been having fun with refashioning existing pieces in my wardrobe, or just adding embellishment to a t-shirt.


This yellow sweater is a cashmere/cotton blend (oh, okay, only 5% cashmere). It was only $8.57 after all the discounts, so I couldn't resist. The square neck is not a good look on me, so I added some yo-yo's to the neck line to round it off. I like the way it came out and have already worn it. My inspiration came from this book, by Katye Terry, I received as a Christmas gift.



This t-shirt was started back in November, and then was put aside during the holidays. It is inspired by the Alabama Stitch Book. They have a wonderful web-site too.




I added some lace and buttons to make a faux collar on this plain black top. It was inspired by this post from Emily Martin. I had bought the lace back in the fall when a local sewing store was going out of business. It was one of those impulse buys where I had no idea what I would use it for but I couldn't say no.

I'd really like to try using a men's dress shirt to make a women's top like this next. My husband just cleaned out his closet :)

Well, I'm going to go back to bed now. Hope you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Philigry said...

everything is so cute. such great ideas.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I'm yo-yo crazy lately. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the embellishments you did. Great job!
Also, feel better soon!

MadMad said...

Oh, those are so cute! You are so creative! Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Such a good idea! Loving the yellow cashmere!

kristena marie said...

These are so cute! Great job.

Jane said...

Wow! What great work!