Thursday, July 9, 2009

One - Yard Wonders: 101 Fabulous Fabric Projects

Last fall Rebecca Yaker and Patricia Haskins of CraftyPlanet requested submissions for a book they were compiling called One Yard Wonders, so I submitted two patterns. I was so excited to learn that they had excepted my patterns, and even more excited when I saw them on the cover (dog bed and lunch bag). The book is due out in October and can be pre-ordered at Amazon.

To celebrate the release of the book, Storey Publishing is having a giveaway of fabric. You can also see a preview of patterns on the One Yard Wonders Facebook page.

Can you tell I'm excited?

15 comments:

MadMad said...

NO WAY!!!! OMG! Congrats, congrats, congrats! That is so awesome - and you are so deserving! Look at you go! YAY!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

You SHOULD be excited!!! How amazing is this? I had no idea that besides being a very talented knitter you also can sew ~ what a lucky knitter indeed!

Philigry said...

oh my god! that is awesome. on the cover? how excited are you!? i must have that book!

Alison said...

Fun! Congrats! That looks like a fun book, and useful, goodness knows I'm not the only one with several 1 yd pieces of fabric waiting for a project to come along...

amanda said...

Wow Mary!! I am so pleased for you. Knew that attention to detail would pay off for you. And I have a lucky knitter piece all of my own :)

larissa said...

so exciting! congratulations! no wonder your patterns are on the cover - they are so cute and super useful! I am so incredibly happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is wonderful! We are going to be carrying that (hopefully) in our Nancy's Notions catalog. I thought the title was great and that our customers would just love it. :)

t does wool said...

OMG!!! Congrats!!! so well deserved!!

Unknown said...

So cool, CONGRATS!!

Kate said...

Congratulations!! that is so wonderful...I can't wait to see the book!

Sharon Sews said...

Congratulations! You must be thrilled to see both of your designs included on the cover!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Congratulations! How terribly exciting!!!

Erin said...

Thank you for the post on my blog about the dog bed, who knew it was your pattern, how cool! I loved making the bed and I can't wait to make the lunch bag soon!

College Research Papers said...

very interesting post i really like it dud

Custom writing said...

Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning.