Saturday, June 4, 2011

Simplicity 3835

It all started when I found a piece of lace at a little antique shop for a dollar. I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I couldn't leave it there. It was too pretty.
It was a DOLLAR!

I also had some Kokka fabric that I had bought at Purl Soho IN A SCRAP BAG NO LESS on a visit to NY last fall. It's a 90% cotton and 10% linen blend. Perfect for a summer top.

I had some lace leftover from another project. It was white, but I soaked it in coffee and then rinsed it to match the lace panel.


Pattern: Simplicity 3835 - view 3. It is a Built by Wendy pattern that I have used before to make the tunic. It's a really flexible pattern with dress, tunic and top lengths and sleeve variations.
Fabric: Kokka, a blend of 90% cotton and 10% linen. I can't find a link to it, but it is slightly sheer.
Mods: The lace is hand sewn into place on the sleeves and bodice.
New Techniques: I'm trying to learn how to make a more professional looking garment, so I used a french seam. This is a good tutorial for making a french seams from Colette Patterns.

Have a wonderful weekend!


MadMad said...

So cute! You have such great vision. I never know how to put things together - I can barely pick a color for a sweater I want to knit!

opportunityknits said...

Such a pretty top. Love everything about it, the fabric, the lace bib and the lace at the sleeves.