Friday, October 17, 2008

Mystery Sock KAL

I'm really loving the Through the Loops Mystery Sock Knit Along. This is a first for me. It's my first KAL, and I started with a mystery. I love getting a new clue each Wednesday, and wondering where Kirsten is going to take us. She has offered an easy pattern and a more difficult pattern. I (maybe not so wisely) chose the advanced pattern thinking I was up for the challenge. It was a rough start on the cable portion, but I got used to the pattern, and I think the second sock will go much smoother. I'm sure there are some SSK that should be K2tog, but I can't find them!

I'm using Classic Elite Summer Sox yarn in a color called pelican and size 2 double pointed needles. I cast on 64 stitches. I'm having so much fun with it. My goal is to knit two socks at once, so that at the end of October I will have a finished pair! I only have the cuff done on the second sock, so I have some catching up to do.

7 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

oh! i love this color. your works looks perfect, and your heel looks great. i have yet to start on the heel.
ahh!

Elina Nunes said...

I love this...

look www.maravilhasdocroche.blogspot.com

Kisses

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Oh it looks beautiful!!

Ally Jay said...

I love the colour of the yarn, so vibrant.

Anonymous said...

These are looking great! I need to get caught up by Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. The color is so denim-y; so great! Since I never did get started on this KAL, I am going to use your sock yarn to make Paraphernalia. I think they are really pretty and simple - my kind of sock.

Philigry said...

oh, i love that blue! i must try to knit a pair of socks, but i am a chicken.