Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Embroidered Onesies

My brother and sister-in-law are expecting a baby in March. Their second child. At the baby shower for my nephew, their first child, my sister came up with this great idea of having everyone decorate a onesie with fabric paint for a little party activity. It was so much fun. A lot of their friends are very artistic, so the onesies were little works of art. The new baby will have a lot of wonderful hand me downs, but I wanted to make something new for the baby, so I embroidered some onesies.

The dog and bird pattern came from Meet Me at Mike's.


This pattern is Love Bear from Badbird's.


The hedgehog pattern came from Pimp Stitch.

I babysat my two year old nephew, Rowan, on Friday and Monday. He is so much fun. He told me he is going to have a brother. We'll see. My parents have 5 grandsons and zero granddaughters, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

On the knitting front: I'm all over the place with knitting. I'm ready to work the sleeves of the Tangled Yoke Cardigan, but I got distracted by the Cabled Bolero which I'm almost done with, and I really want to make a Clapotis. Oh well.

9 comments:

sweetp said...

Those onesies are SO cute!! Great idea. Cast on for a clappy then we can clapotis-along together :D

Stephanie said...

Adorable!!! That is one lucky baby.

MadMad said...

Oh, those are cute! And I CAN'T WAIT to see that cabled bolero. Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so cute! Hmmmm.... maybe auntie K needs to take up embroidery.... :)

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Those onesies are adorable!! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute onesies! That Clapotis scarf looks awesome! Thanks for the link!

Philigry said...

those are so cute. i like how the design is really simple. they are going to look so sweet on the new baby.

Ally Jay said...

Fab idea. Those are so cute.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea! I have no babies to craft for at the moment. :(