Monday, January 5, 2009

Wisteria


I wasn't able to finish Wisteria in time for Christmas, but I did finish it before New Years. I can really say that I totally enjoyed this knit. The cables look very intricate, but it is pretty simple once you get used to the pattern. I loved the yarn too. I used some hand dyed yarn from one of my favorite yarn shops on the coast of Maine. It was really hard to capture the beauty of the yarn and the cables with the camera, but I tried my best. The first picture shows better detail of the cables, and the second picture captures the yarn color better (except for the shadows of the tree branches).

Pattern: Wisteria
By: Kate Gilbert
From: The Twist Collective
Yarn: String Theory Mosaic Yarn
Needle: US 8 circular

Once I lose the seven to eleven pounds of Christmas cookies and truffles I ate, I think it will look even better : )

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It came out great! The colors are amazing. And that backdrop is quite nice too. Oh, the cookies.... Yeah, me too!

sweetp said...

I think it looks just fabulous right now! That is a lovely sweater - great colour! Well done

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Looks beautiful! You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

fabulous job. i love that sweater and this is a beautiful example. n weight loss required for it to look GREAT! love the yarn too.

t does wool said...

looks gorgeous...I didn't bake any cookies :(

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks great! I've never seen cables like that before. very cool!

Philigry said...

you look fantastic! i love this knit. i see it in my futire! what is next?

MadMad said...

It looks great! You did an amazing job! (As always!) And oh, the cookies I have to get rid of on my hips! Way too many!