Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lemon-Scented Blueberry Cupcakes



The wild blueberry harvest is underway here in Maine. The little native berries are deceiving, because although they are small, they are full of flavor.



I was looking for a recipe from Cooking Light that I used to make. It was a delicious breakfast tart that used several cups of berries. I couldn't find the recipe on their website, but I came across a recipe for Lemon-Scented Blueberry Cupcakes. I love Cooking Light's recipes, because they use natural ingredients as opposed to artificial sweeteners.



The Lemon-Scented Blueberry Cupcakes did not disappoint. They are moist and tasty, and the lemon and blueberry together is delicious. The frosting was easy to make, and not too sweet. I will definitely make this recipe again.

Does anyone have any good recipes they are willing to share that use blueberries?

8 comments:

Kate said...

Ooh, they look delicious! I made some blueberry basil jam the other day...I can send you that recipe if you are interested.

kim said...

Oh, those look sooooo good. I just sent you a recipe for Blueberry Buckle. Not lite, but tasty.

MadMad said...

Oh, those look YUMMY! We shovel blueberries in by the handful here, so they never make it into recipes! (We're pigs, if you haven't noticed...)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Those look so moist and tasty! I visited Maine many years ago and the entire week lived on lobster and blueberries. Even drank blueberry beer. I like a blueberry crisp by Savueor magazine - it's on-line if you google for it.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I don't have any to share because I can't think of any off hand :). I love www.eatingwell.com for recipes. Another place to find fantastic, healthy recipes! Your muffins look declicious.

Larissa said...

these cupcakes look so yummy! thanks for the recipe because i'm also always looking for baked treats with less fat and sugar! when we have lots of fresh blueberries, we usually eat them over cottage cheese or greek yogurt - with plenty of honey drizzled over the top.

Stephanie said...

This looks delicous!!! I love Cooking Light as well - I actually get giddy when it shows up in my mailbox.

Jane said...

I put one up on my blog the other day...and I think you found it. Make the muffins, they are oh, so good!