Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Good Mail



I won a contest over at Diary of a Mad, Mad Housewife. It was her first year of blogging anniversary. She sent me this great package - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's new book (signed by the author) and some really pretty Denise Sutherland note cards.

She is actually the one responsible for me starting this blog. It is all her fault! She emailed me after I posted a comment on her anniversary blog wanting to know if I had a blog. I thought, wow, she must think I'm really funny and wants to read more, but then I remembered I had only written something lame like "happy anniversary". Anyway, I told her that I was thinking about starting one, but didn't really know how. She directed me to blogger.com and 15 minutes later I had a blog. That's how I do things. She must have thought I was "Mad". Little did I know that I had won her contest, and that was why she had contacted me!

If you haven't checked out her blog, you really should. She is a brilliant comedian. She can find humor in the everyday challenges of parenting. One of my favorite posts was this one. I emailed the link to all my friends! She has that talent of capturing humor in a photo. So, grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine (she prefers wine), and check it out!

Thank You MadMad!






2 comments:

Shilly Sit Knitter said...

Mad Mad is the one that sent me to your blog. I have one too if you want to check it out. It's ok, not Mad Mad funny but I do try. LOL Persnikity Knitter and Mad Mad and of course the Yarn Harlot are the reasons why I started one.

MadMad said...

I'm glad everything arrived safe and sound, and I'm glad you started a blog! It's great!