Monday, December 5, 2011

Decorating with Candy Canes

Not having my Christmas Decorations this year is really making me think outside the box. I'm really trying to think of ways to make it look like Christmas around here, but also trying to incorporate what I already have on hand.



This Christmas tablescape was made by using candy canes and bakers twine.



I used the dried hydrangeas I had on the table, but made them more holiday friendly by adding candy canes around the vase. I've seen this done with lemon leaves and asparagus, so why not candy canes. I put a thick elastic band around the vase to hold the candy canes in place while I slide them under the band and then tied them with a bakers twine bow.



For candles I used egg cups filled with crushed candy canes. I then nestled a tea light into the crushed candies.



At each place setting on top of the napkin there is a monogrammed gift tag tied around a candy cane with bakers twine.



The napkins are on sale at Anthropologie for $3.95 and could be used all year. The green placemats are from Ikea for only $1.99. It took 4 boxes of candy canes at .99 each. A simple and casual tabletop for entertaining over the Holidays.

I'm sharing this idea with The Lettered Cottage and It's Overflowing.






6 comments:

MadMad said...

Such cute ideas, Mary! Love the pillow, too!

Unknown said...

Very creative. I love the candy cane theme and especially the centerpiece wrapped in twine. Oh and the crushed candy cane in the egg cups. Beautiful...You decorate a better tablescape without your decor than I do WITH mine. Haha!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it all! I'm seriously impressed! I'm heading to Anthropologie tomorrow! Awesome deal! I love those glasses, too! Wow!

XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Abbie said...

What great ideas! I love the candy-cane centerpiece!

I'd love it if you'd stop by and share your Christmas tree at the Blogging around the CHRISTMAS TREE linky party going on right now at my place!


~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

WilliamsDamion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WilliamsDamion said...

If youare planning on knitting clothing, you will want to choose several different types of yarns for the sleeves and body. You are curious to know more about best egronomic crochet hooks, read this.