Monday, December 26, 2011

Giacomo's Baby Hat


The only knitting that was done this Christmas was a hat for my grandson.  I found this sweet pattern from the Purl      Bee website. If you've ever wanted to try Fair Isle knitting this is a great beginner pattern.  It is just four colors and the pattern is only 19 rows.  I actually  knit the hat twice, because the first hat ended up being too small.  I used larger needles for the second hat and it fit perfectly.

















Details:
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Suri Merino (55% Suri Alpaca, 45% Extra Fine Merino)
Colors: Blue, gray, light blue, and dark green
Needles: US 6 and US 7

I used a small Clover Pom-Pom maker in size 1 5/8" for the bigger hat and 1 3/8" for the smaller hat.  The directions were confusing, but I found a YouTube video that helped a lot. 



I thought I'd share my husband's handiwork for a change.  His craft is working with wood especially exotic woods.  He has made some beautiful furniture pieces.  He designed and made this rocking horse for our grandson.   


2 comments:

nburns said...

A very crafty couple! Nice work!

MadMad said...

OH, sweet! The hat AND the rocking chair! What a wonderful gift to have - such skilled grandparents!