Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally!



Pattern: Spiral Boot Socks by Veronik Avery
From: Interweave Knits Summer 2007
Yarn: Berroco Comfort Sock Navy
Needles: Size 2 dpn


First let me say that I'm really glad I made these socks. The second sock went along much easier than the first sock. I still made a few mistakes, but all in all I like the way they came out. I do think I will sew a little elastic thread into the top of the socks to help them stay up.

Now let me say I have a new appreciation for shawl knitters. I think this may be as close as I ever come to knitting a shawl, but I don't want to say never, because I said that about socks once. You really have to keep focused on the pattern at all times.


I had all these visions of putting on a skirt and boots with these socks for the photo, but these blurry pictures are as good as it gets after a day of work, grocery shopping and errands. Sorry. Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Philigry said...

love those! great job!

Anonymous said...

So worth the effort. They look great!

Anonymous said...

Groovy socks! Now you have the perfect excuse for some new boots too.

Denise said...

They look great!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Great socks. They look fantastic!

sweetp said...

They are great!!

TLCknits said...

awesome!...They look so comfy!

MadMad said...

Oh, they look great! Don't give up on shawl knitting, though - there are plenty of patterns that are easy (Shetland Triangle, for example) once you get through the first repeat.