Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Loppem


I bought Norah Gaughan Vol. 3 a few weeks ago, because I loved every design in the book. Norah is a design genius. I usually like to work on only one project at a time, but Loppem kept calling me to be knit, so I put Ingenue (with only one sleeve left to knit) on hold for a few days. I couldn't help myself. Once I started Loppem, I just couldn't put my needles down. It was like reading a good book. You can't put it down until it is finished. There is a lot of errata on this pattern, but it was a seamless (and no sleeves) knit which made it knit up fairly fast. I used Berroco Palace yarn in a green color only because my LYS didn't have enough of the blue, but I think the green works too.


This is my son's artistic shot.

10 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Lovely! I know what you mean about a pattern calling you. I feel like I have a bunch of voices in my head calling me to knit :).

Love the artistic shot!

sweetp said...

Oh that is just gorgeous and suits you so well! I totally know what you mean about patterns 'calling to you'.

I love that pattern. They dont post out of US/C though :(

TLCknits said...

It looks awesome on you!. I love it...the color too...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!! That is just wonderful! Also, thank you for tagging me for that Meme...I will be doing it soon. :) I just have to come up with fun random things first. heehee

Philigry said...

this is so fantastic! you knit that up quick! My neighbor just bought this book. I may have to steal it!

Anonymous said...

She really is a genius designer isn't she. It looks fantastic and sounds like a really quick knit! And anyway, when you gotta cast on you just gotta cast on!

Anonymous said...

Your Loppem is just beautiful. I have hesitated to make one because I couldn't picture myself wearing a short-sleeved sweater. But now that I see yours, I think I get it. It's really lovely on you!

Anonymous said...

I love your sweater! would you reccommend it to an adv. beginner? love to hear your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I just finished up my MEME, just so you know. Thanks for tagging me, that was kinda fun! :)
Ellie

王 建明 said...

cool good baby i love you hehehhe