Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Elinor Tunic Revisited

Do you remember this? It is the Elinor Tunic from Interweave Knits. When I finished it, I swear it was longer. When I looked in the mirror, I thought it looked good. But something about the finished picture always bothered me. I thought it looked too short. So I did it! I finally went back and added an inch and a half to the length, and bound of with the main color. (I had mistakenly bound off with a contrasting color the first time around.) I'm so glad I did it. Now I think it has a chance of being worn. It wasn't that bad either. It only took about an hour. I'm much happier with these results.

I can't believe what a difference an inch makes!

6 comments:

sweetp said...

That looks lovely! Isn't it nice when you are able to make something for yourself and tailor it to be perfect for you. You don't get that with mass produced!

Lushorama said...

That's beautiful, well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, that looks much better. It's amazing how a little alteration makes all the difference. It looks great on you!

a friend to knit with said...

you absolutely HAVE to wear that. and a lot! it looks fabulous.

MadMad said...

Oh, wow, that is better (not that it was bad the first time round), but this looks great - and I love the side vents, too!

Anonymous said...

oh you're right it absolutely makes a difference. looks great on you!!!