Thursday, August 14, 2008

Flair

Details
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Weight
Yardage: almost 4 Skeins (216 yds/skein)
Color: Buscando Azul
Needle Size: US 8 Circular

Comments: I love this sweater! I think I will wear it a lot this fall and winter. It is very comfortable. It was easy to knit - top down seamless (my personal favorite!). I loved working with the Malabrigo yarn. It is very soft and easy on the hands, and I really like the over dyed look. This is a simple pattern, and I basically followed it except for a few things. First, I centered the button placket after seeing this version. Then, I made it a little longer in the body and sleeves, and I didn't make any button holes. Instead when I was done, I tried it on and decided how many buttons I wanted and where I wanted to put them. I then sewed them on to the outside, and added large snaps on the inside. Because the sweater is so simple, I added some handmade buttons to jazz it up a bit!

6 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Beautifully done!! Love the homemade buttons.

sweetp said...

wow. love it - love the colour, love the buttons. Might have to rush off and add that to 'the list'. Well done

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I wish I could knit as well as you. The color is great too. :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute sweater! I love that you made your own buttons. Too crafty. And, well, what more can be said on the virtues of Malabrigo?

Have a great weekend!

TLCknits said...

Beautiful!... LOVE the color!... Mmmmmmalabrigo... LOVE it..

Stephanie said...

This looks wonderful on you! I'd like to make this pattern soon, though it might take me a year to make with the speed I knit. I'm curious, how did you center the button plackets?